Venue: Hotel Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall, Alter Wall 40, 20457 Hamburg
Energy for Industry in Africa!
The Afrika-Verein (German-African Business Association) invites you to the 11th German-African Energy Forum in Hamburg. The upcoming edition of our forum will set a special focus on energy for industry and will take place from April 25th to 26th 2017.
We are happy to welcome the following African ministers:
Hon. Alpha Oumar Dissa, Minister of Energy, Burkina Faso
Hon. Pierre Anatole Matusila, Minister of Energy and Hydraulic Resources, DR Congo
Hon. Marcel Ilunga Leu, Minister of Industry, DR Congo
Hon. Dr Seleshi Bekele, Minister of Water, Irrigation & Electricity, Ethiopia
Hon. Mustapha Baba Shehuri, Minister of State for Power, Works & Housing, Nigeria
Hon. Thembisile Majola, Deputy Minister of Energy, South Africa
Hon. Mutaz Musa, Minister of Electricity and Water Resources, Sudan
Hon. Jabulile Mashwama, Minister of Natural Resources & Energy, Swaziland
Hon. David Mabumba, Minister of Energy, Zambia
Hon. Joseph Cudjoe, Deputy Minister of Energy, Ghana
Hon. Ismael Oumar Touré, Deputy Minister of Energy and Water, Mali
Hon. Augusto Sousa Fernando, Deputy Minister of Mineral Resources and Energy, Mozambique
Hon. Kornelia Shilunga, Deputy Minister of Mines and Energy, Namibia
Within the framework of the forum, you will have the opportunity to:
- get in contact and network with decision-makers from business and politics from Africa and Germany,
- exchange ideas with German scientists, politicians and entrepreneurs from the energy sector,
- inform yourself about current topics, projects and opportunities for markets for renewable and conventional energy on the African continent.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Energy for Industry: Mining, Automotive, Manufacturing
- Energy Resources and (local) Value Creation
- Innovations – What´s new in and for Africa?
- Electricity: Off-grid and On-grid Solutions
Like in the last years, African delegations will have the opportunity to present their countries exclusively in our country sessions.
On Thursday, April 27th we offer a tour to the Hannover Messe, the largest industrial trade fair of the world. The fee contains the bus-shuttle Hamburg <-> Hanover and the lunch. The registration for the tour is part of the registration process for the Energy Forum.