10 Years of German-African Energy Business Promotion!
The German-African Energy Forum by Afrika-Verein offers a platform for companies, stakeholders from politics and science from the energy sector for ten years now.
The 10th German-African Energy Forum will be held in Hamburg
from April 25th to 26th, 2016 (incl. side-program on April 24th and 27th)
at the Chamber of Commerce, Adolphsplatz 1, 20457 Hamburg, Germany.
Within the framework of the forum you will have the opportunity to
- get in contact and network with decision-makers from business and politics from Africa and Germany,
- exchange ideas with German scientists, politicians and entrepreneurs from the energy sector,
- inform yourself about current topics, projects and opportunities for markets for renewable and conventional energy on the African continent.
We are delighted to welcome i.a. the following African and German politicians:
- Hon. Motuma Mekasa, Minister of Water, Irrigation and Energy, Ethiopia
- Hon. Mamadou Frankaly Keita, Minister of Energy and Water, Mali
- Hon. Mutaz Musa, Minister of Electricity and Water Resources, Sudan
- Hon. Kornelia Shilunga, Deputy Minister of Mines and Energy, Namibia
- Olga Rasamimanana, Secretary General, Ministry of Energy and Hydrocarbons, Madagascar
- Lunanga Busanya, Secretary General, Ministry of Small and Medium Enterprises, DR Congo
- Uwe Beckmeyer MdB, State Secretary, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi)
- Thomas Silberhorn MdB, State Secretary, Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- Frank Horch, Senator for Economic Affairs, Transport and Innovation, Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg
Topics to be addressed include
- The African energy mix – renewable or conventional?
- Falling commodity prices – Is the boom over?
- Innovations – What´s new in and for Africa?
- Nuclear energy – An option for Africa?
Like in the last years, African delegations will have the opportunity to present their countries exclusively in our country sessions.
On April 27th, we will offer a tour to the Hanover Messe, the largest industrial trade fair of the world.
Use the opportunity to present your company at the 10th German-African Energy Forum. For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We would like to thank the following companies for their generous support of the 10th German-African Energy Forum: