The Afrika-Verein (German-African Business Association) will host the 7th German-African Energy Forum in Hamburg and Hanover, from 7th - 10th April 2013. The German-African Energy Forum is the central platform covering all German-African energy issues, ranging from oil and gas to conventional power, renewable energies and energy efficiency. Main topics of the Forum will again be the potentials and projects of the African energy market and the German-African trade- and investment opportunities in this sector.
Cooperation partners are the Federal Foreign Office (AA), the African Petroleum Producers' Association (APPA), the Association of Power Utilities of Africa (APUA), the Arab Union of Electricity (AUE), the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce and the Hannover Messe. In 2012, 465 high-level participants from more than 30 African countries, Germany and Europe attended the conference. The Forum will centre on the following topics:
- Oil: Upstream, Downstream & Marketing
- Gas-to-Power in Africa: Natural and Flared Gas – Upstream and Gas-to-Power
- Africa Pipeline
- Power Production, Transmission and Distribution: Conventional and Renewable Energies (solar, wind, hydro, geothermal etc.)
- Energy Efficiency
- Finance and Insurance of African energy projects
- Energy: Training and Local Content
- New: Energy IT
- New: Rural Electrification
On the third day of the Forum, we offer a full day visit to the Hannover Messe (Fair), the world’s larg-est energy and industrial equipment exhibition (www.hannovermesse.de). For this occasion, we will organize a panel discussion “Energy Market Africa” for the exhibitors and visitors of the Hannover Messe.
We would like to thank the following companies for their generous support: