15th German-African Energy Forum
"Turning Tables and Breaking Habits: Energy Transition
through Africa’s lens"
June 1st & 2nd, 2022
Live event in Hamburg, Germany
(Panoramadeck of the Emporio Tower)
This year's key topics:
- Renewable Energy (solar for industry, transition of hydro, financing RE)
- Hydrogen (cross-sector partnerships + consortia, framework, implementation)
- Transition (gas-to-“value creation”, green(er) production, financing transition)
- Infrastructure (grid, regional integration, logistics, stable supply etc.)
- Innovation (green fuels, smart systems for transition etc.)
- Finance & Framework (access, PPPs, regulatory framework in RE & energy supply)
- Value addition (job creation, shift of supply and production, sustainability)
- Community (networks & lobby’s, establishing successful consortia)
The conference will be opened by State Secretary Dr Patrick Graichen from the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Dr Peter Tschentscher, the First Mayor of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg.
H.E. Dr Amani Abou-Zeid, African Union Commissioner in charge of Infrastructure, Energy & ICT, confirmed as a keynote-speaker as well.
The following African Ministers, Deputy and State Ministers have confirmed their attendance and will be accompanied by their delegations:
Hon. Mohamed Mahemed M.Oun, Minister of Oil and Gas of Libya
Hon. Ibrahim Matola, Minister of Energy of Malawi
Hon. Abdessalam Mohamed Saleh, Minister of Oil, Mines and Energy of Mauritania
Hon. Aissatou Sophie Gladima, Minister of Petroleum and Energy of Senegal
Hon. Mohamed Abdalla Mahmoud, Minister of Energy and Oil of Sudan
Hon. William Owuraku Aidoo, Deputy Minister for Energy of Ghana
Hon. Buti Manamela, Deputy Minister of Higher Education, Science and Innovation of South Africa
Hon. Magna Mudyiwa, Deputy Minister of Energy and Power Development of Zimbabwe
Hon. Ibrahim Yacouba, State Minister for Energy and Renewable Energies of Niger
Hon. Godwin Jedy-Agba, Minister of State, State Ministry for Power of Nigeria
Hon. Dr Sultan Woli, State Minister of Water and Energy of Ethiopia
Hon. Selemani Khamisi, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Hydraulics, Energy and Mines of Burundi
The detailed concept note as well as the program may be accessed via the menu above.
We look forward to welcoming you in Hamburg!